When a serious incident occurs, you need to know what to do. A serious incident will eventually occur with all organizations, and it could take many forms. For example, it might be any of the following:
• Sensitive financial information about your company or employees is stolen and posted to a hacker blog.
• An e-mail worm attacks your e-mail system, resulting in degraded network performance.
• An employee is inadvertently sharing all his Word documents on Limewire, Kazaa, or some other peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing network.
• You are notified by a motion picture association that someone on your network is downloading and distributing copyrighted material.
• Your e-commerce website falls victim ...