In a 24/7 world that veers ever closer to chaos, how can we find goals that matter, achieve them, and feel fulfilled? In Seeking the Calm in the Storm, Dr. Judith Bardwick offers a clear path from turmoil to peace, from chaos to balance. She offers a practical, step-by-step plan for converting vague anxieties into specific, solvable problems; reducing overload, and building the confidence that enables great achievement, true balance, and deep satisfaction.
Table of contents
- 1. Where's My Personal Time and Space?
- 2. Web Speed!
- 3. Information Technology Is Too Complicated
- 4. Does Anyone Care That I 'm Here?
- 5. Experience Doesn't Count
- 6. Privacy Is Invaded
- 7. From the Foxhole
- 8. Information Technology Is Not Emotionally Neutral
- 9. Individuals: Regain Control!
- 10. Individuals: Are You a Ford or a Ferrari?
- 11. Organizations: Achieve Best Fit
- 12. Organizations: Manage Technology's Outcomes
- 13. Organizations: Don't Leap into Major Change
- 14. Organizations: The Change Process
- 15. Individuals: Create a Profoundly Satisfying Life
- Title: Seeking the Calm in the Storm: Managing Chaos in Your Business Life
- Release date: May 2002
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780130090317
You might also like
Leadership by Choice: Increasing Influence and Effectiveness through Self-Management
Establish trust with your team by developing a clear decision-making strategy Do you have the opportunity …
Leading with Strategic Thinking: Four Ways Effective Leaders Gain Insight, Drive Change, and Get Results
Be a more effective leader with strategic thinking Leading with Strategic Thinking reveals what effective leaders …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
The Power of Self-Confidence: Become Unstoppable, Irresistible, and Unafraid in Every Area of Your Life
Praise for The Power of Self-Confidence "Brian Tracy is the master in understanding and teaching self-enrichment. …