In a 24/7 world that veers ever closer to chaos, how can we find goals that matter, achieve them, and feel fulfilled? In Seeking the Calm in the Storm, Dr. Judith Bardwick offers a clear path from turmoil to peace, from chaos to balance. She offers a practical, step-by-step plan for converting vague anxieties into specific, solvable problems; reducing overload, and building the confidence that enables great achievement, true balance, and deep satisfaction.
Table of contents
- 1. Where's My Personal Time and Space?
- 2. Web Speed!
- 3. Information Technology Is Too Complicated
- 4. Does Anyone Care That I 'm Here?
- 5. Experience Doesn't Count
- 6. Privacy Is Invaded
- 7. From the Foxhole
- 8. Information Technology Is Not Emotionally Neutral
- 9. Individuals: Regain Control!
- 10. Individuals: Are You a Ford or a Ferrari?
- 11. Organizations: Achieve Best Fit
- 12. Organizations: Manage Technology's Outcomes
- 13. Organizations: Don't Leap into Major Change
- 14. Organizations: The Change Process
- 15. Individuals: Create a Profoundly Satisfying Life
- Title: Seeking the Calm in the Storm: Managing Chaos in Your Business Life
- Release date: May 2002
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780130090317
You might also like
How to Stay Cool, Calm and Collected
Pressures, problems, and conflicts are a fact of life. But the manager who can face problems …
Organization 21C: Someday All Organizations Will Lead This Way
Organization 21C: Someday All Organizations Will Lead This Way brings together 19 all-new essays by the …
Deals from Hell
A detailed look at the worst M&A deals ever and the lessons learned from them It's …
Establishing High-Performing Teams: Lessons From Health Care
Despite the wealth of research on effective teams — and regardless of individual effort and good …