Self-awareness is the bedrock of emotional intelligence that enables you to see your talents, shortcomings, and potential. But you won't be able to achieve true self-awareness with the usual quarterly feedback and self-reflection alone.
This book will teach you how to understand your thoughts and emotions, how to persuade your colleagues to share what they really think of you, and why self-awareness will spark more productive and rewarding relationships with your employees and bosses.
This volume includes the work of:
- Daniel Goleman
- Robert Steven Kaplan
- Susan David
HOW TO BE HUMAN AT WORK.
The HBR Emotional Intelligence Series features smart, essential reading on the human side of professional life from the pages of Harvard Business Review. Each book in the series offers proven research showing how our emotions impact our work lives, practical advice for managing difficult people and situations, and inspiring essays on what it means to tend to our emotional well-being at work. Uplifting and practical, these books describe the social skills that are critical for ambitious professionals to master.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- 1. The First Component of Emotional Intelligence
- 2. What Self-Awareness Really Is (and How to Cultivate It)
- 3. Successful Leaders Know What Made Them Who They Are
- 4. Two Ways to Clarify Your Professional Passions
- 5. Emotional Agility
- 6. Why You Should Make Time for Self-Reflection (Even if You Hate Doing It)
- 7. You, By the Numbers
- 8. How Are You Perceived at Work? Here’s an Exercise to Find Out
- 9. How to Solicit Negative Feedback When Your Manager Doesn’t Want to Give It
- 10. Find the Coaching in Criticism
- 11. Shakespeare’s Characters Show Us How Personal Growth Should Happen
- Title: Self-Awareness (HBR Emotional Intelligence Series)
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633696624
You might also like
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
97 Things Every Engineering Manager Should Know
Tap into the wisdom of experts to learn what every engineering manager should know. With 97 …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …