Self-awareness is the bedrock of emotional intelligence that enables you to see your talents, shortcomings, and potential. But you won't be able to achieve true self-awareness with the usual quarterly feedback and self-reflection alone.
This book will teach you how to understand your thoughts and emotions, how to persuade your colleagues to share what they really think of you, and why self-awareness will spark more productive and rewarding relationships with your employees and bosses.
This volume includes the work of:
- Daniel Goleman
- Robert Steven Kaplan
- Susan David
HOW TO BE HUMAN AT WORK.
The HBR Emotional Intelligence Series features smart, essential reading on the human side of professional life from the pages of Harvard Business Review. Each book in the series offers proven research showing how our emotions impact our work lives, practical advice for managing difficult people and situations, and inspiring essays on what it means to tend to our emotional well-being at work. Uplifting and practical, these books describe the social skills that are critical for ambitious professionals to master.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- 1. The First Component of Emotional Intelligence
- 2. What Self-Awareness Really Is (and How to Cultivate It)
- 3. Successful Leaders Know What Made Them Who They Are
- 4. Two Ways to Clarify Your Professional Passions
- 5. Emotional Agility
- 6. Why You Should Make Time for Self-Reflection (Even if You Hate Doing It)
- 7. You, By the Numbers
- 8. How Are You Perceived at Work? Here’s an Exercise to Find Out
- 9. How to Solicit Negative Feedback When Your Manager Doesn’t Want to Give It
- 10. Find the Coaching in Criticism
- 11. Shakespeare’s Characters Show Us How Personal Growth Should Happen
- Title: Self-Awareness (HBR Emotional Intelligence Series)
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633696624
You might also like
An inspirational, practical, and research-based guide for standing up and speaking out skillfully at work. Have …
Great things don't happen in a vacuum. But creating an environment for creative thinking and innovation …
The Art of Communication
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have The Art of Communication is for …
How Slack rearchitected its system to achieve zero downtime and improve latency, reliability and availability
In 2016, Slack faced a problem: the load on its backend servers had increased by 1,000x. …