Book DescriptionServant Leadership in Action
How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results
We've seen the negative impact of self-serving leaders in every sector of our society. Not infrequently, they end up bringing down their entire organization. But there is another way. Servant leaders lead by serving their people, not by exalting themselves. In this collection, edited by legendary business author and lifelong servant leader Ken Blanchard and his longtime editor Renee Broadwell, leading businesspeople, bestselling authors, and spiritual leaders offer tools for implementing this proven—but for some, still radical—leadership model.
The book is organized into six parts. Part One, Fundamentals of Servant Leadership, describes basic aspects of servant leadership. Part Two, Elements of Servant Leadership, highlights some of the different points of view of servant leaders. Part Three, Lessons in Servant Leadership, focuses on what people have learned on a personal level from observing servant leadership in action. Part Four, Exemplars of Servant Leadership, features people who have been identified as classic servant leaders. Part Five, Putting Servant Leadership to Work, offers firsthand accounts of people who have made servant leadership come alive in their organizations. Part Six, Servant Leadership Turnarounds, illustrates how servant leadership can dramatically impact both results and human satisfaction in organizations.
This is the most comprehensive and wide-ranging guide ever published for what is, in every sense, a better way to lead.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: Serve First and Lead Second Ken Blanchard and Renee Broadwell
Part One: Fundamentals of Servant Leadership
- 1. What Is Servant Leadership?
- 2. Characteristics of Servant Leaders
- 3. Servant Leadership Is Conscious Leadership
- 4. Servant Leadership at the Speed of Trust
- 5. Great Leaders SERVE
- 6. Servant Leadership: What Does It Really Mean?
- 7. Servant Leaders Create a Great Place to Work for All
- 8. The Leader as Shepherd
- 9. The Evolution of Servant Leadership
Part Two: Elements of Servant Leadership
- 10. One Question Every Servant Leader Should Ask
- 11. In the Service of Others: When Leaders Dare to Rehumanize Work
- 12. Servant Leaders Celebrate Others
- 13. The Servant Leader’s Focus
- 14. What You See Determines How You Serve
- 15. Compassion: The Heart of Servant Leadership
- 16. How to Spot Ideal Team Players
- 17. The Servant Leader Identity
- 18. The Four Corners of the Leader’s Universe
- Part Three: Lessons in Servant Leadership
Part Four: Exemplars of Servant Leadership
- 26. Jesus: The Greatest Example of a Servant Leader
- 27. Andrew Young: Partner in Servant Leadership to Martin Luther King Jr.
- 28. Pat Summitt: Steely Eyes, Servant Heart
- 29. Dallas Willard: The Smartest Man I Ever Met
- 30. Henry Blackaby: A Lifelong Servant Leader
- 31. Frances Hesselbein: To Serve Is to Live
- 32. Charlie “Tremendous” Jones: A Sermon Seen
- Part Five: Putting Servant Leadership to Work
- Part Six: Servant Leadership Turnarounds
- Final Comments: The Power of Love, Not the Love of Power
- About the Editors
- Services Available
- Join Us Online
- Title: Servant Leadership in Action
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523093984