Do you aspire to be a more effective leader who guides your team or organization to higher levels of lasting success? Would you like to look forward to each day and know that you are having a positive impact on the world around you?
This is possible for everyone, regardless of your title or position. In fact, Serve to Be Great: Leadership Lessons from a Prison, a Monastery, and a Boardroom will train you to make this a reality. Although it's not an easy process, it is a worthwhile one.
By making a shift in your approach to leadership, you can become a highly effective leader who enjoys your work and makes the world a better place. The shift is simply a matter of gradually becoming more focused on how you can serve others and increase your capacity to do so. Being an extraordinary leader does not require a MBA or PhD. The reality is that anyone can be a great leader.
Author Matt Tenney has survived - and thrived - in situations where most people would have been quickly broken. In Serve to Be Great, he offers his life experiences and unique insights to help leaders apply the powerful principles of servant leadership. Servant leaders are not weak or timid. Motivated by the aspiration to serve, they achieve true power by empowering others to achieve excellence.
This is a practical guide to becoming a leader people want to follow. By shifting focus from short-term gain to serving others, leaders can create great workplace cultures that deliver superior, long-term results. Serve to Be Great is the perfect playbook for realizing the ultimate in personal and business success.
In keeping with the spirit in which Serve to Be Great was written, all author proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to charity.
Table of contents
- Praise for Serve to Be Great
- Title Page
- Part 1: My Journey Fromprisoner to Monk to Social Entrepreneur
Part 2: Serve to be Great: The Business Case
- Chapter 3: Winning the War for Talent
- Chapter 4: Creating a Highly Innovative Culture
- Chapter 5: Delivering World-Class Customer Service
- Chapter 6: Why Serving Others Is a Highly Effective Marketing Tactic
Part 3: Making the Shift: Becoming the Ultimate Leader
- Chapter 7: Making Serving a Habit
- Chapter 8: Grow by Empowering Others
- Chapter 9: Inspire Greatness
- Chapter 10: Measuring the Right Things
- Chapter 11: Becoming the Ultimate Leader
- Author's Note
- Serve Your Team
- Connect with Matt
- About the Author
- Appendix: A Quick Start Guide to Mindfulness Training
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Serve to Be Great: Leadership Lessons from a Prison, a Monastery, and a Boardroom
- Release date: May 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118868461
You might also like
A model for developing the leaders and delivering the leadership results the world needs Leadership Results …
Working Ethically in Finance
“… a must read for those wanting to craft a vocation in finance.” -- Adrian Gore, …
The Little Book of Big Management Theories, 2nd Edition
101 management theories from the world’s best management thinkers – the fast, focussed and express route …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …