All the world's most advanced economies are dominated by service. The service sector also employs the largest number of people and it is the fastest growing sector, both in number of companies and employees. The questions posed in the book are: (1) How is it growing; (2) what are these new service innovations; (3) what are the drivers; and (4) how can organizations work with service innovations in a structured way? The book views service as the value-creating activity that customers perform in their own context. The role of a company is to provide the resources and knowledge to enable value creation. Based on this view, we develop a model of service innovation and develop guidelines for what is required from the organizational perspective; how should an organization view its customers in order to be successful, what does a service development process look like, and how to transform an organization that has a product focus to a service or solution provider.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1. Service as the Key Driver of Growth
- Chapter 2. What Is Service Innovation?
- Chapter 3. Value Creation Drives Service Innovation
- Chapter 4. Developing Service Innovations
- Chapter 5. Customers as Cocreators in Service Innovation
- Chapter 6. Service Innovation in Goods-Centric Firms
- Chapter 7. The Service Innovator—Tying It All Together
- Title: Service Innovation
- Release date: April 2016
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781631574962
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Experiment!: Website conversion rate optimization with A/B and multivariate testing
Testing is a surefire way to dramatically improve your website’s conversion rate and increase revenue. When …
What's Your Problem?
"The author makes a compelling case that we often start solving a problem before thinking deeply …
INSPIRED, 2nd Edition
How do today’s most successful tech companies—Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Tesla—design, develop, and deploy the products …