An interactive guide to mapping your retirement plans
In Seven Steps to Financial Freedom in Retirement, financial advising and estate planning expert Harold Parrott guides the reader through the sometimes murky waters of retirement planning. Using a simple "Lifestyle Expense" planning approach customized to see how much money each person needs to live on in retirement, Parrott explains what investments can help readers reach their desired goals with minimum risk. Using detailed questionnaires, the book provides an informative guide for anyone concerned about having enough money to live comfortably in their retirement years.
An educational book employing an easy-to-understand format, Seven Steps explains the basics of IRAs and 401(k)s, before launching into a more in-depth discussion of the strategies and tax implications thereof, looking at:
Annuities, bonds, and CDs
The perils of "stock picking"
The basics of estate planning
A unique and indispensible resource for assessing finances to determine the full scope of the reader's assets, the book helps to determine projected lifestyle expenses post-retirement and crafts a road map showing what types of products and accounts are likely to be of most value.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting the Nest Egg Ready to Hatch
- Chapter 2: Putting Your Assets to Work for You
- Chapter 3: IRA Mastery
- Chapter 4: Enhancing Your Retirement with Built-In Guarantees: Annuities, Bonds, and CDs
Chapter 5: How the Smart Money Invests
- Learning through Trial and Error
- The Real Story
- Starting Off: The Retirement Investor Quiz
- Busting the Investment Myths
- Active Management
- Tune Out the Media’s Advice
- Investing versus Speculating: Know the Difference!
- A Real Story About Speculative Investing
- The Smart Money Investment Strategy
- All About Asset Allocation
- How Do You Measure Diversification?
- The Importance of Staying Disciplined
- Tax Planning and Investments
- My Best Advice
- Looking Forward
- Chapter 6: Paying for Helping Hands: The Ins and Outs of Long-Term Care
- Chapter 7: The Basics of Estate Planning
- Appendix A: Confidential Lifestyle Questionnaire
- Appendix B: Lifestyle Expense Worksheet
- Appendix C: Financial Lifestyle Fact Finder
- About the Author
- Title: Seven Steps to Financial Freedom in Retirement
- Release date: July 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118095287