Perform Postinstall Operations
Now that your installation is complete, there are a few additional operations that you should do to ensure your farm is properly configured from the start. Some of these are covered in later chapters in more detail. Here is a list of what should be done:
- Adjust diagnostic logging path to ensure your C: drives don’t get filled up with SharePoint log entries.
- Resolve the problematic HTTP 401.1 Unauthorized error (aka loopback fix).
- Create a web application and site collection to host content.
- Install language packs. This step is optional.
- Install Office Web Apps to view and edit Office documents from SharePoint. This step is optional.
- Apply the fix for WCF Data Services. This step is optional and provides support ...