Intranet and Internet Publishing Services
By Hugo Esperanca
Intranet and Internet publishing services form the foundation and core of any portal solution. They provide a starting point for a business to promote itself, and to share and publish information.
A corporate intranet is the new shopping window of a company. It allows users to interact and find out more about the products and services that the company offers, and it's one of the main channels for converting users into customers.
SharePoint 2010 enables you to build rich and interactive intranet and Internet sites without the headache of having to build all the “plumbing” from scratch. It provides a mature set of Web Content Management (WCM) tools and templates that empowers business users to take ownership of their content without having to rely on technical resources.
This chapter provides an overview of the WCM tools provided by SharePoint 2010, and how you can use them to build intranet or Internet sites.
In this chapter, you learn about the following:
- What out-of-the-box publishing functionality is provided by SharePoint via its publishing Features.
- What options are available for branding intranet and Internet sites, and what tools are provided to support each option.
- What tools SharePoint provides to create, manage, and publish content.
- How to create multi-language sites.
- How to plan your site navigation.
- How to deploy a site to different environments.
SHAREPOINT 2010 PUBLISHING FEATURES
SharePoint 2010 is an ...