Your job as a manager is getting harder all the time. But your most critical responsibility—especially in today’s world of intensifying competition—is how to help your people shine their brightest.
How do you inspire solid contributors to strive for more? What should you do if a star player falls off their game?
In Shine, bestselling author, psychiatrist, and ADD expert Edward Hallowell draws on brain science, performance research, and his own experience helping people maximize their potential to present a proven process for getting the best from your people:
-Select—put the right people in the right job, and give them responsibilities that “light up” their brain.
-Connect—strengthen interpersonal bonds among team members.
-Play—help people unleash their imaginations at work.
-Grapple and Grow—when the pressure’s on, enable employees to achieve mastery of their work.
-Shine—use the right rewards to promote loyalty and stoke your people’s desire to excel.
Brimming with Hallowell’s trademark candor and warmth, Shine is a vital new resource for all managers seeking to inspire excellence in their teams.
Table of Contents
- PRAISE FOR SHINE
- INTRODUCTION: Brain Science, Peak Performance, and Finding the Shine
- CHAPTER ONE: Five Steps to Peak Performance
- CHAPTER TWO: Select
- CHAPTER THREE: Connect
- CHAPTER FOUR: Play
- CHAPTER FIVE: Grapple and Grow
- CHAPTER SIX: Shine
- CHAPTER SEVEN: The Cycle of Excellence
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: Shine: Using Brain Science to Get the Best from Your People
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781422172339