Chapter 26Choosing a Domain Name
- Gain an understanding of why you’d want Universal Resource Locaters (URLs) for your name, company, and product name.
- Know how search engine optimization relates to your domain name.
- Understand why keyword-rich URLs are effective.
- Know how to easily find options for your URL.
- Choose a URL suffix the works best for you.
Picking Your Domain Name
If you’ve been around the internet for a while, you’ve probably heard or seen the word “domain name.” It is another word for Universal Resource Locater (URL)—otherwise known as your web address.
If you don’t have a domain name yet, this is where you need to start. The good news is that you can usually pick them up at a great price. They can be ...