Chapter 7. Scaling Out
This chapter will cover how to host SignalR in different environments. Some solutions out there need to be self-contained and not rely on any server setup; this chapter will show you how to do that, ranging all the way to larger solutions where you need to scale out into a multi-server environment and even all the way to the cloud. When one has multiple servers and is not necessarily controlling which server will be hit, we need to deal with this. In this chapter, we'll cover the following topics:
- The basics of messaging and how SignalR deals with them
- Using SQL Server for scaling out
- Using Azure Service Bus for scaling out
- Using Redis for scaling out
- Discussing how one can implement a bridge for their own messaging backplane ...