Signal Representation and Modeling
- Understand the concept of a signal and how to work with mathematical models of signals.
- Discuss fundamental signal types and signal operations used in the study of signals and systems. Experiment with methods of simulating continuous- and discrete-time signals with MATLAB.
- Learn various ways of classifying signals and discuss symmetry properties.
- Explore characteristics of sinusoidal signals. Learn phasor representation of sinusoidal signals, and how phasors help with analysis.
- Understand the decomposition of signals using unit-impulse functions of appropriate type.
- Learn energy and power definitions.
Signals are part of our daily lives. We work with a wide variety ...