Analysis and Design of Filters
- Develop the concept of analog and discrete-time filters.
- Learn ideal filter behavior and the conditions for distortionless transmission.
- Learn design specifications for realizable filters.
- Explore methods for designing realizable analog filters using Butterworth and Chebyshev approximation formulas.
- Study design methods for obtaining IIR discrete-time filters from analog prototype filters.
- Study design methods for obtaining FIR discrete-time filters.
In many signal processing applications the need arises to change the strength, or the relative significance, of various frequency components in a given signal. Sometimes we may need to eliminate certain frequency components ...