Chapter 5. Understanding Dependency Properties
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• Discover the dependency property system and the DependencyObject class.
• See how dependency properties are registered.
• Talk about attached properties, another kind of dependency properties.
• See how attached properties can be used to become attached behaviors.
• Understand how a dependency property’s value is calculated.
The dependency property system is probably one of the most important fundaments of Silverlight (and Windows Presentation Foundation, too). A lot of functionality is based on dependency objects and their properties (most important, data binding and the animation system).
In fact, many of the types used in the Silverlight framework derive from the ...