Chapter 7. Understanding the Model-View-ViewModel Pattern
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• Talk about design patterns and their utility.
• Review a few separation patterns and understand why separation is important in an application.
• Dive into the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern and its usage in Silverlight.
• Study implementations of the MVVM pattern and build a sample application.
• Talk about helper components that help you to build decoupled and extensible application.
Ever since applications grew more complex than just a few lines of code, software developers have discussed the best way to organize them into components. More than anything else, modern developers love separation, abstraction, and layers. By defining small components with ...