Chapter 8. Using Data Controls
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• Dive deeper into PagedCollectionView (which we first saw in Chapter 6, “Working with Data: Binding, Grouping, Sorting, and Fsiltering”).
• Page through data with the DataPager control.
• Study data validation with IDataErrorInfo and with data annotations.
• Use the DataGrid control to present data in a rich manner.
• Use the DataForm control to build a master-detail view.
Silverlight 4 has come a long way since the days when it was used mostly to display videos and animate pictures to enrich a web page. It can still do that, and does it well, but with Silverlight 3 and especially Silverlight 4, the framework is now able to deal with data, lots of it, and to facilitate the creation ...