Chapter 10. Creating Resources, Styles, and Templates
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• Talk about resources and dictionaries.
• Use resources in Expression Blend.
• See why you should clean up unused resources, and how to do it.
• Create styles for controls and see what new features are available in Silverlight 4.
• Create templates for controls.
• Create custom easing functions for animations.
• Discover and use themes to easily customize Silverlight applications.
One of the most exciting features of Silverlight (and of its big sister Windows Presentation Foundation, WPF) is the ability to separate the functionality of a control from its appearance. This separation was already tested in other frameworks, such as HTML. The Cascading Style Sheets ...