Chapter 13. Creating Line-of-Business Applications
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• See what layers are typically involved in a line-of-business application, and how WCF RIA Services helps to reduce the complexity.
• Prepare a server-side service and its database access.
• Create a Silverlight client that is not connected to WCF RIA Services, and then link the client and the server together.
• Take a good look at the DomainService class, a server-side class that is very important for WCF RIA Services.
• Create a UI with the visual designer and connect it automatically to the services.
• Refactor the sample to use the MVVM pattern instead, and avoid the problems that generated UIs can cause.
• Implement Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) operations. ...