Chapter 19. Authentication, Event to Command Binding, Random Animations, Multitouch, Local Communication, and Bing Maps Control
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• Use authentication to log into a Silverlight application with a username and password.
• Bind events to commands directly without using code-behind.
• Build animations in XAML and then access them in code to randomize them.
• Talk about multitouch gestures in Silverlight.
• Let Silverlight applications “talk” to each other on the local computer, without going through the web server.
• Use the Bing maps control to add mapping to a Silverlight application.
In the two previous chapters, we talked about multiple improvements that were implemented in Silverlight 3 and 4 to make this platform ...