Chapter 20. Building Extensible and Maintainable Applications
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL:
• Talk about frameworks allowing you to build applications that can easily be extended and maintained.
• Explain what dependency inversion is and use the Unity framework to build samples.
• Use the Managed Extensibility Framework MEF to split an application in components.
• Download XAP files on demand to enhance the user experience at startup and make it easy to add new functionalities in existing applications.
• Talk about the MVVM Light Toolkit, a framework making it easier to build decoupled applications.
In this chapter, we investigate three frameworks for Silverlight available at no cost and that allow building loosely coupled applications that are ...