Remembering the rules of common sense – one way
I’ve tried, in the course of the book, to keep reminding you of the seven rules of common sense:
- Many things are simple
- Know what you’re trying to do
- There is always a sequence of events
- Things don’t get done if people don’t do them
- Things rarely turn out as expected
- Things either are or they aren’t
- Look at things from others’ points of view
Here is perhaps another way to think of them:
- The first and last can be thought of as over-arching rules. Keep things simple and see them from other viewpoints.
- Rule 2 is about knowing what you’re trying to achieve.
- Rules 3 through 6 are built around the sequence of events which is how we accomplish what it is we’re trying to achieve.