Single Carrier Frequency Division Multiple Access (SC-FDMA) is a novel method of radio transmission under consideration for deployment in future cellular systems; specifically, in 3rd Generation Partnership Project Long Term Evolution (3GPP LTE) systems. SC-FDMA has drawn great attention from the communications industry as an attractive alternative to Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA).
Introduction to Single Carrier FDMA places SC-FDMA in the wider context of wireless communications, providing the reader with an in-depth tutorial on SC-FDMA technology. The book introduces the reader to this new multiple access technique that utilizes single carrier modulation along with orthogonal frequency multiplexing and frequency domain equalization, plus its applications in communications settings. It considers the similarities with and differences from orthogonal frequency division modulation, multiplexing, and multiple access used extensively in cellular, broadcasting, and digital subscriber loop applications. Particular reference is made to the peak power characteristics of an SC-FDMA signal as an added advantage over OFDMA.
Provides an extensive overview of the principles of SC-FDMA and its relation to other transmission techniques.
Explains how the details of a specific implementation influence the tradeoffs among various figures of merit.
Describes in detail the configuration of the SC-FDMA uplink transmission scheme published by 3GPP.
Features link level simulation of an uplink SC-FDMA system using MATLAB.
This is an essential text for industry engineers who are researching and developing 3GPP LTE systems. It is suitable for engineers designing wireless network equipment, handsets, data cards, modules, chipsets, and test equipment as well as those involved in designing LTE infrastructure. It would also be of interest to academics, graduate students, and industry researchers involved in advanced wireless communications, as well as business analysts who follow the cellular market.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Channel Characteristics and Frequency Multiplexing
Chapter 3: Single Carrier FDMA
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 SC-FDMA Signal Processing
- 3.3 Subcarrier Mapping
- 3.4 Time Domain Representation of SC-FDMA Signals
- 3.5 SC-FDMA and Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access
- 3.6 SC-FDMA and CDMA with Frequency Domain Equalization
- 3.7 Single Carrier Code-Frequency Division Multiple Access (SC-CFDMA)
- 3.8 Summary
- Chapter 4: SC-FDMA in 3GPP Long Term Evolution
- Chapter 5: Channel Dependent Scheduling
- Chapter 6: MIMO SC-FDMA
- Chapter 7: Peak Power Characteristics of a SC-FDMA Signal
- Chapter 8: Simulation of a SC-FDMA System Using MATLAB ®
- Appendix A: Derivation of Time Domain Symbols of Localized FDMA and Distributed FDMA
- Appendix B: Derivations of the Upper Bounds in Chapter 7
- Appendix C: Deciphering the 3GPP LTE Specifications
- Appendix D: Abbreviations
- Title: Single Carrier FDMA: A New Air Interface for Long Term Evolution
- Release date: December 2008
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470724491
You might also like
Kubernetes in Action
Kubernetes in Action teaches you to use Kubernetes to deploy container-based distributed applications. You'll start with …
The only book to offer special coverage of the fundamentals of multicore DSP for implementation on …
This book brings together a group of visionaries and technical experts from academia to industry to …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …