An overview on the challenging new topic of phase-aware signal processing
Speech communication technology is a key factor in human-machine interaction, digital hearing aids, mobile telephony, and automatic speech/speaker recognition. With the proliferation of these applications, there is a growing requirement for advanced methodologies that can push the limits of the conventional solutions relying on processing the signal magnitude spectrum.
Single-Channel Phase-Aware Signal Processing in Speech Communication provides a comprehensive guide to phase signal processing and reviews the history of phase importance in the literature, basic problems in phase processing, fundamentals of phase estimation together with several applications to demonstrate the usefulness of phase processing.
- Analysis of recent advances demonstrating the positive impact of phase-based processing in pushing the limits of conventional methods.
- Offers unique coverage of the historical context, fundamentals of phase processing and provides several examples in speech communication.
- Provides a detailed review of many references and discusses the existing signal processing techniques required to deal with phase information in different applications involved with speech.
- The book supplies various examples and MATLAB® implementations delivered within the PhaseLab toolbox.
Single-Channel Phase-Aware Signal Processing in Speech Communication is a valuable single-source for students, non-expert DSP engineers, academics and graduate students.
Table of contents
- Title Page
About the Authors
- Dr Pejman Mowlaee (main author) Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
- Dipl. Ing. Josef Kulmer (co-author) Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
- Dipl. Ing. Johannes Stahl (co-author) Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
- Florian Mayer (co-author) Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
- List of Symbols
Part I: History, Theory and Concepts
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Phase Processing, History
- Chapter 2: Fundamentals of Phase-Based Signal Processing
- Chapter 3: Phase Estimation Fundamentals
Part II: Applications
- Chapter 4: Phase Processing for Single-Channel Speech Enhancement
- Chapter 5: Phase Processing for Single-Channel Source Separation
- Chapter 6: Phase-Aware Speech Quality Estimation
- Chapter 7: Conclusion and Future Outlook
- Appendix A: MATLAB Toolbox
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Single Channel Phase-Aware Signal Processing in Speech Communication
- Release date: December 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119238812
You might also like
FPGA-based Implementation of Signal Processing Systems, 2nd Edition
An important working resource for engineers and researchers involved in the design, development, and implementation of …
Signal Processing in Radar Systems
An essential task in radar systems is to find an appropriate solution to the problems related …
Statistical Signal Processing in Engineering
A problem-solving approach to statistical signal processing for practicing engineers, technicians, and graduate students This book …
Academic Press Library in Signal Processing
This second volume of a five volume set, edited and authored by world leading experts, gives …