Chapter 3. Develop the Shell
- Describing the Shell module and its place in our architecture
- Structuring your files and namespaces
- Creating and styling feature containers
- Using an event handler to toggle a feature container
- Using the anchor interface pattern to manage application state
In this chapter, we describe the Shell, a required component of our architecture. We develop a page layout that contains our feature containers, and then adjust the Shell to render them. Next we show how the Shell manages feature containers by having it extend and retract the chat slider. We then have it capture the user click event to open and close the slider. Finally, we use the URI anchor as our state API using the ...