Too many of us have become addicted to the popular, enticing, and dangerously misleading drug of multitasking. Consultant Devora Zack was once hooked herself, but she learned how to beat it—and became more efficient as a result. With this video workshop, you too will learn how to beat the multitasking addiction.
Zack presents convincing neuroscientific evidence that proves you really can’t accomplish more by tackling several things at once—it’s simply an illusion. There’s a much better way to deal with all the information and interruptions that bombard us today.
Learn how to clear and calm your mind, arrange your schedule and environment, and gently yet firmly manage the expectations of people around you. You’ll discover how to accomplish a succession of tasks, one by one, and be infinitely more productive.
- Improve your relationships, creativity, mental discipline, focus, and accuracy
- Discover how the Singletasking Principle relates to your inner and outer worlds
- Explore Scattered Brain Syndrome and gain strategies to fight back against “Enemies of the Here and Now”
- Apply Singletasking on the job, with techniques such as Clustertasking, Laidback Lunch, Choose and Commit, and Teaching your Phone to Heel
- Dive into non-work applications of Singletasking, including how to recharge relationships
- Learn the measurable value of self-reflection, and gain techniques that help you unplug
Devora Zack, CEO of Only Connect Consulting, is a global keynote speaker, consultant, and coach with 100+ clients such as Cornell University, Smithsonian, Australian Institute of Management, U.S. Department of Education, and Mensa. Her books, Singletasking, Networking for People Who Hate Networking, and Managing for People Who Hate Managing, are published in over 25 languages. She has been featured on ABC-TV, Fox Business, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Table of contents
- Introduction 00:01:34
- The Multitasking Myth 00:04:29
- The Price of Distraction 00:09:24
- Singletask it, Baby 00:05:22
- Manage Your Mind 00:06:34
- Manage Your Workplace 00:08:28
- Respect Your Relationships 00:07:44
- The Younger Generation 00:05:40
- Action Does Not Equal Results 00:06:05
- Home Life 00:08:01
- Be Present 00:05:38
- Unplug 00:03:17
- Retorts to Multitask Hardliners 00:08:11
- Title: Singletasking
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491938461
You might also like
The Manager's Path (Audio Book)
Managing people is difficult wherever you work. But in the tech industry, where management is also …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Networking for People Who Hate Networking
Much networking advice assumes that you need to be an off the chart extrovert to succeed. …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …