Too many of us have become addicted to the popular, enticing, and dangerously misleading drug of multitasking. Consultant Devora Zack was once hooked herself, but she learned how to beat it—and became more efficient as a result. With this video workshop, you too will learn how to beat the multitasking addiction.
Zack presents convincing neuroscientific evidence that proves you really can’t accomplish more by tackling several things at once—it’s simply an illusion. There’s a much better way to deal with all the information and interruptions that bombard us today.
Learn how to clear and calm your mind, arrange your schedule and environment, and gently yet firmly manage the expectations of people around you. You’ll discover how to accomplish a succession of tasks, one by one, and be infinitely more productive.
- Improve your relationships, creativity, mental discipline, focus, and accuracy
- Discover how the Singletasking Principle relates to your inner and outer worlds
- Explore Scattered Brain Syndrome and gain strategies to fight back against “Enemies of the Here and Now”
- Apply Singletasking on the job, with techniques such as Clustertasking, Laidback Lunch, Choose and Commit, and Teaching your Phone to Heel
- Dive into non-work applications of Singletasking, including how to recharge relationships
- Learn the measurable value of self-reflection, and gain techniques that help you unplug
Devora Zack, CEO of Only Connect Consulting, is a global keynote speaker, consultant, and coach with 100+ clients such as Cornell University, Smithsonian, Australian Institute of Management, U.S. Department of Education, and Mensa. Her books, Singletasking, Networking for People Who Hate Networking, and Managing for People Who Hate Managing, are published in over 25 languages. She has been featured on ABC-TV, Fox Business, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Table of contents
- Introduction 00:01:34
- The Multitasking Myth 00:04:29
- The Price of Distraction 00:09:24
- Singletask it, Baby 00:05:22
- Manage Your Mind 00:06:34
- Manage Your Workplace 00:08:28
- Respect Your Relationships 00:07:44
- The Younger Generation 00:05:40
- Action Does Not Equal Results 00:06:05
- Home Life 00:08:01
- Be Present 00:05:38
- Unplug 00:03:17
- Retorts to Multitask Hardliners 00:08:11
- Title: Singletasking
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491938461
You might also like
Think on Your Feet: Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Impromptu Communication Skills on the Job (Audio Book)
An engaging guide to developing the mental agility to make you a bolder, better, more confident …
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition (Audio Book)
The New York Times and Washington Post bestseller that changed the way millions communicate “[ Crucial …
Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking (Audio Book)
There are thousands of books about thinking. But there are very few books that provide clear …
Power of Communication (Video), The: The Nine Principles of Effective Leadership Communication
This is a companion video to The Power of Communication: Skills to Build Trust, Inspire Loyalty, …