Chapter 8. Photorealistic Rendering
In this chapter, you will learn how to render photorealistic architectural visuals with SketchUp and Thea Render. You will already be familiar with the basic process from Chapter 1, Quick Start Tutorial. This chapter goes into a little more detail, giving you the why, as well as the how. This is what we are going to cover in the chapter:
- Why you should learn and use an external renderer
- What to expect from photorealistic renderings
- How to use the Thea for SketchUp plugin
- How to insert high-quality 3D entourage into your SketchUp model
- How to assign photorealistic materials and advanced lighting
- How to create renderings with multiple channels for postprocessing
Why use an external renderer?
If you have followed the chapters ...