- • To become familiar with the security and privacy issues of location information in smart cities
- • To become familiar with the concept of location proof for trajectories in context of smart cities
- • To become familiar with the conventional approaches for generating location proofs and their shortcomings
- • To become familiar with the idea of environmental element-based location proof
- • To become familiar with the optimal RSU deployment problem, which aims to generate secure and privacy-preserved location proofs by using a minimum number of RSUs
29.1 Location-Related Security and Privacy Issues in Smart Cities
For the past two decades, the term smart cities has gained an increasing attraction from academia, government [1, 2], and industry [3, 4]. Within future smart cities, people are expecting the usage of data, not only from some static pre-deployed roadside sensors but also from intelligent vehicles moving within the cities day after ...