Book descriptionThe incredible low maintenance costs of Snort combined with its powerful security features make it one of the fastest growing IDSs within corporate IT departments.
Snort 2.0 Intrusion Detection is written by a member of Snort.org. The book provides a valuable insight to the code base of Snort and in-depth tutorials of complex installation, configuration, and troubleshooting scenarios.
The primary reader will be an individual who has a working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol, expertise in some arena of IT infrastructure, and is inquisitive about what has been attacking their IT network perimeter every 15 seconds.
- The most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage for Snort 2.0!
- Expert Advice from the Development Team and Step-by-Step Instructions for Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Snort 2.0 Intrusion Detection System.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- Technical Advisors
- Technical Reviewer
- Technical Editor
- Chapter 1: Intrusion Detection Systems
- Chapter 2: Introducing Snort 2.0
- Chapter 3: Installing Snort
- Chapter 4: Snort: The Inner Workings
- Chapter 5: Playing by the Rules
Chapter 6: Preprocessors
- What Is a Preprocessor?
- Preprocessor Options for Reassembling Packets
- Preprocessor Options for Decoding and Normalizing Protocols
- Preprocessor Options for Nonrule or Anomaly-Based Detection
- Experimental Preprocessors
- Writing Your Own Preprocessor
- Solutions Fast Track
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Chapter 7: Implementing Snort Output Plug-Ins
- Chapter 8: Exploring the Data Analysis Tools
- Chapter 9: Keeping Everything Up to Date
- Chapter 10: Optimizing Snort
- Chapter 11: Mucking Around with Barnyard
- Chapter 12: Advanced Snort
- Title: Snort Intrusion Detection 2.0
- Release date: May 2003
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9780080481005
You might also like
The Network Security Test Lab: A Step-by-Step Guide
The ultimate hands-on guide to IT security and proactive defense The Network Security Test Lab is …
The Web Application Hacker's Handbook, 2nd Edition
The highly successful security book returns with a new edition, completely updated Web applications are the …
Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity
If a network is not secure, how valuable is it? Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Version 10 Cert Guide, 3rd Edition
In this best-of-breed study guide, leading experts Michael Gregg and Omar Santos help you master all …