Chapter 9: Advanced SQL Techniques
In this chapter, you'll learn how to use multiple advanced SQL techniques using the Snowflake data warehouse. These SQL techniques are essential from a data warehousing perspective, and include trend analysis, temporal analytics, managing sequences, unique counts, and managing processes as transactions.
The following recipes will be covered in this chapter:
- Managing timestamp data
- Shredding date data to extract calendar information
- Unique counts and Snowflake
- Managing transactions in Snowflake
- Ordered analytics over window frames
- Generating sequences in Snowflake
Let's get started!
The recipes in this chapter work on Snowflake's web UI, as well as SnowSQL. The code for this chapter ...