Jon Gillespie Brown brings his extensive mentoring experience to bear in this new handbook for would-be entrepreneurs. So You Want to Be an Entrepreneur? contains a series of mentoring sessions, each carefully thought out to make you consider and plan your life based on your passions, ambitions and ultimate visions. By actively taking part in each of the exercises, you give yourself the best chance of succeeding as an entrepreneur, or the sufficient clarity to decide what other career options are best suited to you.
Explore your real goals, hidden talents, passions, assets and core skills. The simple self-discovery tools in the book will make it easy for you to analyse this information and take the next steps towards your entrepreneurial dreams with total confidence.
PRAISE FOR SO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR
'Read this book if you plan to be an entrepreneur, find out what it's really like before you make the leap!' Doug Richard, entrepreneur, business investor and former member of the Dragons' Den TV programme
'Before I invest in a business at an early stage I want to know the founders knew what they were getting into. I would suggest they check out if they measure up to the demands of the ups and downs required to be a successful entrepreneur by reading this book first.' Richard Farleigh, Author Taming the Lion: 100 Secret Strategies for Investing and former member of the Dragons' Den
'The key to entrepreneurial success is understanding what type of entrepreneur you are, and then doing business in a way that is true to yourself, and above all, one that brings you personal happiness and fulfilment. This book will help you decide whether a life of an entrepreneur is for you.' Rachel Elnaugh, entrepreneur, business speaker and former member of the Dragons' Den
'Very few people truly consider the hard work, disappointment, frustration and crushing lows that every Entrepreneur experiences along the journey. Jon's book is a must read for anybody ready to take the leap!' Richard Parkes Cordock, author of Millionaire Upgrade and creator of Millionaire MBA Business Mentoring Programme
'The only form of safe employment is self-employment. I recommend anyone considering the entrepreneurial path to read this book.' Geoff Burch, International Speaker and author of Go It Alone: The Streetwise Secrets of Self-Employment
Table of contents
- WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS BOOK
- SO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR?
- The entrepreneur test – is starting a business right for you?
- 1. Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- 2. Entrepreneurs Uncovered
- 3. Entrepreneurial Lifestyle
4. Deconstructing You – Part 1
- 4.1. Taking a personal inventory and assessing your current resources
- 4.2. Audit your business history and abilities
- 4.3. Management skills evaluation
- 4.4. Personality evaluation
- 4.5. Accomplishments
- 4.6. Your health position
- 4.7. What interests you in life?
- 4.8. What about your family and network?
- 4.9. Have you considered the ideal lifestyle for you?
- 5. Deconstructing You–Part 2
6. Is it Really for Me?
- 6.1. Getting over the fear of starting out
- 6.2. Anyone can become an entrepreneur at any life stage
- 6.3. The young or 'student' entrepreneur
- 6.4. Making the transition from the corporate world
- 6.5. You can be an 'geriatrepreneur' when you are over 55 too
- 6.6. Top ten excuses for not becoming an entrepreneur
- 6.7. Finding the courage to go for it
- 6.8. Lessons
- 6.9. Take the 'rocking chair' test before you give up on your dream
- 7. Make Sure you Take your Loved Ones with You
- 8. Are You Ready to be an Entrepreneur?
- Answer key
- Title: So You Want to be an Entrepreneur?: How to Decide if Starting A Business is Really For You
- Release date: July 2008
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9781841128030
You might also like
The Top 10 Things You Must Know About Negotiations
Skills, facts, strategies, techniques…whatever it takes! FT Press’s quick new Top 10s 10 ways to make …
Let’s Get Real About Money!: Profit from the Habits of the Best Personal Finance Managers
"The book’s gem is a personal financial action plan that allows easy assessment of current assets …
The Truth About Starting a Business
“This book should be on the seasoned entrepreneur’s list of ‘what I should have read before …
Hooked: How Leaders Connect, Engage and Inspire with Storytelling
How to use storytelling to move people to action In today's hyper-competitive business environment, leaders who …