Chapter 11 Podcasting
Key areas we will cover in chapter 11:
- ✓ choosing a topic
- ✓ how to go about podcasting
- ✓ some real-life experiences.
While we have looked at the most common social media platforms, there are also many others. Personally, I don’t have time to ‘trial’ them all. Instead, I wait until others have done that and then I decide if it’s worth my time to use them; you may do the same. As the saying goes, it’s the second mouse that gets the cheese!
Quick facts on podcasting
Here are some interesting podcasting facts:
- Sixty-four per cent of podcasts are listened to on a smartphone or tablet.
- Podcast listeners consume five shows per week on average.
- Twenty-one per cent of Americans over the age of 12 listened to a podcast in the past month.
- There are over one billion subscribers on iTunes alone.
What is a podcast?
Think of a podcast as a short radio show on a particular subject that interests you and is delivered to your smartphone and out through your headset or player.
Do you listen to the radio or do you spend your travel time listening to podcasts like many people ...
Get Social Media for Business now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.