Chapter 13 Making your website work
Key areas we will cover in chapter 13:
- ✓ what SEO is and why you need it
- ✓ getting the most out of your website
- ✓ basic search engine optimisation (SEO) tips
- ✓ growing your site
- ✓ encouraging visitors.
One of the great things about social media is that it pushes traffic back to your website, where your visitors will find more information about your services or products. There are a few more things you can change very easily to improve your site’s search-engine results and also impress your visitors. I had a chat with two professional SEO companies to make sure I had everything bang up to date for you, and the following is what Glenn Marvin (managing partner of SureFire Search Marketing) and Richard Conway from Pure SEO came up with.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimisation (SEO):
- is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results
- encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic and increase awareness in search engines
- has many aspects, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web
- is sometimes simply a matter of making ...