Book descriptionA concrete framework for engaging today's buyer and building relationships
Social Selling Mastery provides a key resource for sales and marketing professionals seeking a better way to connect with today's customer. Author Jamie Shanks has personally built Social Selling solutions in nearly every industry, and in this book, he shows you how to capture the mindshare of business leadership and turn relationships into sales. The key is to reach the buyer where they're conducting due diligence—online. The challenge is then to strike the right balance, and be seen as a helpful resource that can guide the buyer toward their ideal solution. This book presents a concrete Social Selling curriculum that teaches you everything you need to know in order to leverage the new business environment into top sales figures. Beginning with the big picture and gradually honing the focus, you'll learn the techniques that will change your entire approach to the buyer.
Social Selling is not social media marketing. It's a different approach, more one-to-one rather than one-to-many. It's these personal relationships that build revenue, and this book helps you master the methods today's business demands.
- Reach and engage customers online
- Provide value and insight into the buying process
- Learn more effective Social Selling tactics
- Develop the relationships that lead to sales
Today's buyers are engaging sales professionals much later in the buying process, but 74 percent of deals go to the sales professional who was first to engage the buyer and provide helpful insight. The sales community has realized the need for change—top performers have already leveraged Social Selling as a means of engagement, but many more are stuck doing "random acts of social," unsure of how to proceed. Social Selling Mastery provides a bridge across the skills gap, with essential guidance on selling to the modern buyer.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: The Road Map to Digital Transformation
Part One: Creating a Mindset Shift for a Digital Transformation
- Chapter 1: Why Do I Need to Change Now, Not Tomorrow?
- Chapter 2: Leadership Executive Summary
- Chapter 3: How Do I Drive Organizational Buy-in and Accountability?
- Chapter 4: The Three Key Leadership Roles: Sales, Marketing, and Sales Operations/Enablement
- Chapter 5: Organizational Tools and Metrics for Social Selling Success
Part Two: Social Selling Mastery for the Sales Professional
- Chapter 6: Start Building a Personal Brand
- Chapter 7: Develop Buyer-Centric Profiles: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Other Social Platforms
- Chapter 8: Find: Socially Surround a Buyer and the Buying Committee
- Chapter 9: Educate: Leveraging Content to Shape a Buyer's Journey
- Chapter 10: Engage: Touching “Every Deal, Every Day” with Social Media
- Chapter 11: Develop: Scaling Up Your Social Networks
- Chapter 12: Create a Social Selling Routine
Part Three: Building a Lead Factory with Digital Content Marketing
- Chapter 13: Why Does Misalignment Exist between Sales and Marketing?
- Chapter 14: What Is the Current State of Your Lead Factory?
Chapter 15: Create High-Quality, High-Quantity Content
- Step 1: Centralize a Buyer's Journey
- Step 2: Segment the Buyer's Journey into Sales-Centric Stages
- Step 3: Kick-start New Ideas for Insights
- Step 4: Develop an Insights Committee for Scale
- Step 5: Content Calendar
- Content Creation Best Practices
- “Turkey Slice” Your Core Content
- Templates: Like Punching Out Cakes
- Assign Tags for Each Insight Before Development
- Facts and Data Are the Center of the Story
- Create a Never-Ending Story
- Fuel Insights Development with ”Window Time”
Chapter 16: Organize Internal Content for Easy Access by Your Sales Force
- Starting Your Content Organizational System
- Step 1: Audit Sales' Ability to Find Your Internal Library
- Step 2: Audit Sales' Ability to Navigate Your Internal Library
- Step 3: Redesign the Framework of Your Content Library Using Your Content Calendar Tags
- Step 4: Tags for Keyword Indexing
- Step 5: Leverage a Visual User-Interface to Help Contextualize the Insights for Sales
- Accelerating Insights with Employee Advocacy
- Chapter 17: Discover Inbound and Outbound Marketing Hacks to Accelerate Lead Velocity
- Chapter 18: Evaluate Your Customer's Journey: Find the Trends and Improve Key Sales Interactions
Part Four: Scaling Up with Sales Operations and Sales Enablement
- Chapter 19: How Do We Mitigate Skill Gaps with Our New Hires?
- Chapter 20: Ongoing Coaching: How Do We Create a Repeatable Process?
- Chapter 21: How Do We Effectively Scale a Social Selling Program Company-Wide?
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Social Selling Mastery
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119280736
You might also like
Digital Transformation Game Plan
The Digital Age is having a broad and profound impact on companies and entire industries. Rather …
Computational Thinking - A beginner's guide to problem-solving and programming
Computational thinking (CT) is a timeless, transferable skill that enables you to think more clearly and …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Selling Today: Partnering to Create Value, 14/e
Utilize cutting-edge personal selling techniques to navigate the information revolution era helps you understand the value …