As an architect, you will need to know about all the elements that make up the build process. This chapter will explain all the elements that make up the build process. From compiler flags to automation scripts and beyond, we will guide you to the point where each possible module, service, and artifact is versioned and stored in a central location ready for deployment. We will mainly focus on CMake.
In this chapter, you'll learn about the following:
- What compiler flags you should consider using
- How to create build systems based on Modern CMake
- How to build reusable components
- How to use external code in CMake cleanly
- How to create DEB and RPM packages, as well as NSIS installers, using CPack
- How to use the Conan package ...