480 SOF T WARE ENGINEERING AND TESTING
3. Use the On Error GoTo statement to avoid termination of an application on
4. Use the App.path method instead of defining a fixed path for database
connectivity in MS Access.
5. The data type of the input data should be the same as defined in the table for
6. Do not forget to close the recordset after opening and performing the
7. Close the data environment at the terminate event of the data report.
8. Keep all the files and sub-folders related to the same project in a main folder.
9. For proper connection, first install the database (Oracle, Access, SQL Server)
before installing Visual Studio.
10. Use proper explanatory remarks while writing the program. This will help
you to find the error during debugging.
11. Thoroughly test your project before implementation.