Becoming a professional speaker and trainer is a dream for many, but it an incredibly tough industry to break into without the appropriate guidance. Speak for a Living shows readers how to take their natural talents to the next level by becoming an in demand speaker and trainer at venues around the world. Readers will learn how to get into the speaking business; how to get consistent bookings, and what marketing tools are necessary to make it all happen. Bruce offers real life examples from her own busy speaking and training career, which has included presenting to every conceivable group from insurance companies to a convention of fire marshals and code enforcers.
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Betty Garrett, president and CEO of Garrett Speakers International
- Part One: Understand the Business of Professional Speaking:The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Part Two: Make Your Marketing Toolkit Sizzlin’ Hot!
- Part Three: Travel the World Free as a Speaker and Trainer
- Part Four: Step into the Spotlight
- Appendix A: Speaker Bureau Networking Toolkit
- Appendix B: Sample of Pre-Event Questionnaire
- About the Author
- Title: Speak for a Living: The Insider's Guide to Building a Speaking Career
- Release date: June 2008
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562865085