How Important Is Being a Published Author?
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Publishing books will make you more in demand
- Pros and cons of traditional and self-publishing
- Do you need an agent?
To write a book or not to write a book—that is the question. It’s a good one. Does getting published help you build a profitable speaking career? Yes! Getting published in one form or another becomes the foundation that will provide your speaking career with
- enhanced your credibility as a subject matter expert
- content for a media kit
- entry to more publications and editors
- access to other media, such as TV, radio, Internet exposure, and others.
Get Speak for a Living: The Insider's Guide to Building a Speaking Career now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.