“Big data” is ubiquitous, but legal considerations regarding the collection and use of such data can get overlooked with significant consequences for all involved. This video walks through the best practices businesses should follow when working with big data to avoid triggering legal scrutiny. Topics include: providing transparency and choice around data practices; special considerations when dealing with sensitive data; attention to the organization’s data collection philosophy; support for a compliant culture; exercising due diligence on the frontend; including appropriate terms in contracts; and considerations for managing the data life cycle and data hygiene.
- Explore data handling practices that are likely to increase or reduce legal risk
- Obtain practical strategies and best practices to avoid becoming a legal target
- Understand the legal do’s and don’ts of using big data to drive business decisions
- Gain awareness of the legal expectations and best practices for big data practices
Alysa Z. Hutnik is a partner in the Advertising & Marketing and Privacy & Information Security practices at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP in Washington, DC. Alysa is editor-in-chief of the American Bar Association (ABA) Data Security Handbook, the past chair of the ABA's Privacy and Information Security Committee, and a frequent presenter on big data legal issues at O'Reilly Media's Strata + Hadoop data conferences.
- Title: Special Considerations for Legal and Ethical Management of Data
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491994191
You might also like
Learning Data Modeling
In this Learning Data Modeling training course, expert author Michael Blaha will teach you how to …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Strata Data Conference - London, UK 2018
How are companies across the planet preparing for Europe's tough new GDPR rules? How do enterprises …
Python Data Science Handbook
For many researchers, Python is a first-class tool mainly because of its libraries for storing, manipulating, …