As in many industries, financial services companies are in the midst of digital transformation to deal with the increasing deluge of data. Simply being able to access data is no longer good enough; companies need to find actionable insight from data early and often if they’re to keep up. The key is finding the right tools. Even established financial services firms can move swiftly, decisively, and agilely when they make well-reasoned choices.
This ebook examines the current data analytics tools landscape, and discusses the barriers financial companies often face when adopting them. In the process, you’ll explore Apache Kylin, an open source technology that eBay created to address many of those challenges. You’ll also explore stories and best practices from organizations using an enterprise-class version of Kylin from Kyligence Inc.
- Explore big data trends in financial services companies, and learn why this sector will spend big on analytics tools
- Learn about problems with data lakes, especially the difficulties companies encounter when using the tools
- Survey the analytics tools landscape, including commercial and open source big data solutions
- Get case studies from high-profile global financial services firms that have implemented Kyligence
- Learn best practices for gaining insights from your data faster
Table of contents
Speeding from Data to Insight in Financial Services
- Introduction: The Data Deluge Is a Blessing—and a Curse
- Big Data Trends in Financial Services Companies Today
- The Problems with Data Lakes
- Bridging the Data Lake Insight Gap with Apache Kylin
- The Overall Analytics Tools Landscape: What Else Is Out There to Help?
- Financial Services Case Studies
- Best Practices for Getting Insights from Data Faster
- About Kyligence
- In Conclusion
- Title: Speeding from Data to Insight in Financial Services
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492033103
You might also like
Getting DataOps Right
Many large organizations have accumulated dozens of disconnected data sources to serve different lines of business …
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Building Machine Learning Powered Applications
Learn the skills necessary to design, build, and deploy applications powered by machine learning (ML). Through …
Hands-On Big Data Modeling
Solve all big data problems by learning how to create efficient data models Key Features Create …