After completing this chapter, students should be able to do the following:
• Model BJTs and IGBTs in SPICE, and specify their mode parameters.
• Model pulse-width modulation (PWM) control in SPICE as a hierarchy block.
• Perform transient analysis of voltage-source and current-source inverters.
• Evaluate the performance of voltage-source and current-source inverters.
• Evaluate the performance of DC-linked inverters.
• Evaluate the performance of multilevel inverters.
A DC–AC converter is commonly known as an inverter. The input to an inverter is DC, and the output is AC. The power semiconductor devices perform the switching action, and the desired output is obtained by varying ...