After completing this chapter, students should be able to do the following:
• Model BJTs and IGBTs in SPICE, and specify their mode parameters.
• Model current- and voltage-controlled switches.
• Perform transient analysis of voltage-source and current-source resonantpulse inverters.
• Evaluate the performance of voltage-source and current-source resonant-pulse inverters.
• Perform worst-case analysis of resonant-pulse inverters for parametric variations of model parameters and tolerances.
The input to a resonant inverter is a DC voltage or current source, and the output is a voltage or current resonant pulse. Power semiconductor devices perform the switching action, and the desired output ...