After completing this chapter, students should be able to do the following:
• Model SCRs and specify their model parameters.
• Model voltage-controlled switches.
• Perform transient analysis of controlled rectifiers.
• Evaluate the performance of controlled rectifiers.
• Perform worst-case analysis of resonant-pulse inverters for parametric variations of model parameters and tolerances.
A thyristor can be turned on by applying a pulse of short duration. Once the thyristor is on, the gate pulse has no effect, and it remains on until its current is reduced to zero. It is a latching device. PWM techniques can be applied to controlled rectifiers with bidirectional switches in order to improve the ...