In Chapter 2 we looked at closing techniques, and in the “Attitude problems” section I mentioned an attitude scale that we developed to measure people’s feelings about closing. If you’d like to test yourself, here’s how:
1. Read the following 15 statements about closing.
2. After each statement, put a check in the box that most nearly represents your own opinion.
3. Follow the instructions at the end of the scale to calculate and interpret your score.
1. Closing is the most valuable of all techniques for increasing sales.
2. Trying to close a sale too often will reduce your changes of success.
3. Unless you know ...