Chapter 8. Being Proactive – Creating Alerts
In this chapter, we will learn about the alerting capabilities within Splunk. You will learn about:
- Alerting on abnormal web page response times
- Alerting on errors during checkout in real time
- Alerting on abnormal user behavior
- Alerting on failure and triggering a scripted response
- Alerting when predicted sales exceed inventory
Throughout the previous chapters in this book, you created a great deal of Splunk searches, including historic searches that look back over a period of time and real-time searches. In this chapter, you will learn about alerting—arguably, one of Splunk's most powerful features.
A key part of gaining complete operational intelligence is the ability to be proactive rather than ...