Follow the steps in this recipe to predict website traffic volumes over a given period of time:
- Log in to your Splunk server.
- Select the Operational Intelligence application.
- Ensure the time range picker is set to Last 24 Hours, and type the following search into the Splunk search bar. Then, click on the search button or hit Enter:
index=main sourcetype=access_combined | timechart span=1h count | predict count
- Splunk will return the resulting calculations in a tabular format in 1-hour intervals.
- Click on the Visualization tab.
- Since there are a number of visualizations within Splunk, the line chart visualization might not be displayed by default within the Visualization tab. Click on the dropdown listing the visualization ...