After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
• Discuss the importance of marketing research to sports marketers.
• Explain the fundamental process for conducting sports marketing research.
• Identify the various research design types.
• Describe the process for questionnaire development.
• Understand how to prepare an effective research report.
As the following RailCats, Scarborough Sports Marketing, Sponsorship Research and Strategy (SRS), IEG, Taylor (NASCAR), ESPN, and sponsorship ROI studies illustrate, marketing research is a fundamental tool for understanding and ultimately satisfying customers’ needs. As described in Chapter 1, one way of demonstrating a ...