A developer-focused guide to writing applications using Spring Boot. You'll learn how to bypass the tedious configuration steps so that you can concentrate on your application's behavior.
About the Technology
The Spring Framework simplifies enterprise Java development, but it does require lots of tedious configuration work. Spring Boot radically streamlines spinning up a Spring application. You get automatic configuration and a model with established conventions for build-time and runtime dependencies. You also get a handy command-line interface you can use to write scripts in Groovy. Developers who use Spring Boot often say that they can't imagine going back to hand configuring their applications.
About the Book
Spring Boot in Action is a developer-focused guide to writing applications using Spring Boot. In it, you'll learn how to bypass configuration steps so you can focus on your application's behavior. Spring expert Craig Walls uses interesting and practical examples to teach you both how to use the default settings effectively and how to override and customize Spring Boot for your unique environment. Along the way, you'll pick up insights from Craig's years of Spring development experience.
- Develop Spring apps more efficiently
- Minimal to no configuration
- Runtime metrics with the Actuator
- Covers Spring Boot 1.3
About the Reader
Written for readers familiar with the Spring Framework.
About the Author
Craig Walls is a software developer, author of the poplular book Spring in Action, Fourth Edition, and a frequent speaker at conferences.
Easy to digest and fun to read.
- From the Foreword by Andrew Glover, Netflix
The evolution of Spring continues, and this guide helps maximize its potential.
- Michael A. Angelo, ThreatConnect
A lucid, real-world treatment of a valuable toolset. The practical examples help bring agility and simplicity to application construction.
- Eric Kramer, Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Easy to follow, comprehensive, awesome!
- Furkan Kamaci, Alcatel-Lucent
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- Chapter 1. Bootstarting Spring
- Chapter 2. Developing your first Spring Boot application
- Chapter 3. Customizing configuration
- Chapter 4. Testing with Spring Boot
- Chapter 5. Getting Groovy with the Spring Boot CLI
- Chapter 6. Applying Grails in Spring Boot
- Chapter 7. Taking a peek inside with the Actuator
- Chapter 8. Deploying Spring Boot applications
- Appendix A. Spring Boot Developer Tools
- Appendix B. Spring Boot starters
- Appendix C. Configuration properties
- Appendix D. Spring Boot dependencies
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Spring Boot in Action
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617292545
You might also like
Spring Boot: Up and Running
With over 75 million downloads per month, Spring Boot is the most widely used Java framework …
Spring Boot Fundamentals
Spring is one of the most widely used frameworks in the industry. Whether you are an …
Spring Boot in Practice
Go beyond the basics with Spring Boot! This practical guide presents dozens of relevant scenarios in …
Building Microservices with Spring Boot, Second Edition
7+ Hours of Video Instruction The term “microservices” has gained significant traction over the last few …