Chapter 2. Building microservices with Spring Boot
This chapter covers
- Learning the key characteristics of a microservice
- Understanding how microservices fit into a cloud architecture
- Decomposing a business domain into a set of microservices
- Implementing a simple microservice using Spring Boot
- Understanding the perspectives for building microservice-based applications
- Learning when not to use microservices
The history of software development is littered with the tales of large development projects that after an investment of millions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of software developer hours, and with many of the best and brightest minds in the industry working on them, somehow never managed to deliver anything of value to their customers ...
Get Spring Microservices in Action now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.