Chapter 9. Distributed tracing with Spring Cloud Sleuth and Zipkin
This chapter covers
- Using Spring Cloud Sleuth to inject tracing information into service calls
- Using log aggregation to see logs for distributed transaction
- Querying via a log aggregation tool
- Using OpenZipkin to visually understand a user’s transaction as it flows across multiple microservice calls
- Customizing tracing information with Spring Cloud Sleuth and Zipkin
The microservices architecture is a powerful design paradigm for breaking down complex monolithic software systems into smaller, more manageable pieces. These manageable pieces can be built and deployed independently of each other; however, this flexibility comes at a price: complexity. Because microservices are ...